- Create a project using hippo v11.2 archetype.
- Add news features through Essentials and rebuild/run.
- Visit homepage, http://localhost:8080/site/. The homepage contains a css link like the following:
- Hit http://localhost:8080/site/webfiles/1486145704235/css/bootstrap.css directly and see the result.
- Open CMS Console and navigate to http://localhost:8080/cms/console/?1&path=/webfiles/site/css/bootstrap.css/jcr:content.
- Download the jcr:data to store it into bootstrap.css in a local folder. Make some changes in the css and upload it to the jcr:data. Write changes to repository.
- (Optional) You might want to put a debugger at org.hippoecm.hst.core.container.WebFileValve#onEvent(Event) where the property update event is supposed to be handled to invalidate the webfile cache.
In debugger, the path variable is '/webfiles/site/css/bootstrap.css/jcr:content/jcr:data', not the webfile logical path, '/webfiles/site/css/bootstrap.css'.
- Hit again http://localhost:8080/site/webfiles/1486145704235/css/bootstrap.css directly and see the result.
- You should see the updated css webfile resource, but you cannot.
- Even if you update the anticache timestamp in both /webfiles/site node and URL, it doesn't fix the problem.
This bug is conflicting the statement for the Problem 4 in  and the intention of
- As mentioned in the optional step above, the cache key is generated as the logical representative webfile node path (e.g, '/webfiles/site/css/bootstrap.css'). However, the cache invalidation in org.hippoecm.hst.core.container.WebFileValve#onEvent(Event) doesn't infer the proper path, but simply uses any descendant node path.
(It says, "You ... updated the Binary property with the upload option ...", which is exactly the same as the reproduction path. Recreating the node might be a workaround, but not so convenient for developers' loves.)