If you use the ' (apostrophe) character in the CMS in the richttext editor, it will be converted into the
entity, which does not work in IE8. This causes IE8 users to see this entity and not '.
If they edit & publish the document again, the entity will change into
after which all browsers render it incorrectly.
- build Hippo 7.9 from the archetype and add in essentials the blog feature.
- Open the CMS in IE8
- Change a blogposting to contain ' in the content and publish the blog post
- View the blogpost in IE8, it will not render the ' correctly
- Edit the blogpost in the CMS again using IE8, add some text
- save and publish the blogpost again
- view the blogpost in any browser
- Now the ' character is changed into
and no browser displays it as ' anymore
When richtext field is edited for the second time skip xml codes for &, ", ', < and > such as